Thursday, April 30, 2009
I do not know what to think of this school year coming to an end so soon.
I have not loved school, nor do I have the most school friends in the world, but yet I think I will miss it somehow during the summer. I guess I am more attached to the teachers than I am to the students. And it's sad that I most likely won't be there next year, but what if our house doesn't sell? I am so accustomed to the thought of moving, though I don't want to, that I'm just used to the dang idea so it would be weird if I went next year, after everyone has heard that our house is up for sale.
Where will we be next year? Will I go to the same school? I am so confused.
I have been thinking about it a lot lately. This year has been so full of changes that I'm having a hard time adapting to it all. This is my first year going to a real school ( I was homeschooled before ), and I am not sure what I want to do next year, or, it is not my choice at all!
Me and my sisters have all probably had similar posts these days. We are all thinking about this.
I know it is all in God's plan, and He knows exactly where we will be, and how it's all going to work out; because HE planned it! But yet i'm still having a hard time...
Will you please say a prayer for me today? Thanks so much! I really appreciate it.
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
8 things I am looking forward to..
- seeing my dad
- getting over this awful sore throat
- getting my school yearbook
- eating yogurt. it'll feel so good on my throat...
- going to Charlotte this weekend
- summer clothes shopping
- our adventures this summer
- getting a tan
8 things I did yesterday...
- went to school
- tried on our costumes for our school's annual shakesphere play
- looked at lauren's yearbook. How fun! No seriously-- I love pictures!
- studied for a spelling/vocab. test, which I'll have to make up.
- washed dishes
- got a sore throat
- read the Bible.
8 things I wish....
- My sore throat would go away
- That I'd see my dad
- Go shopping
- I could go to Wednesday night church for the last one of the summer...
- Go to the beach. yeaaa that would be nice
- Eat some cheesecake
- I had a digital camera
- wednesday night church would go through the summer
8 shows I watch... *we do not have cable*
- Rachael Ray
- Dog whisperer. My dog seriously needs a Caesar Millan
- I dream of Jeannie
- Jon and Kate plus 8 (when I'm bored.)
- what not to wear
- 10 years younger
- Clean House
- Leave it to Beaver
Okay... whoever wants to do this is welcome to.
Favorite things of spring/summer (1st 3 pictures credit of caroline)
Our dog is happy!
The trellis is pretty
The strawberries are in season
What are you looking forward to about summer?
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
we took care of Annie-Catherine, a little girl that goes to our church for the weekend. She is adorable! We had so much fun playing with her. She's 2 years old about, and is starting to talk more. We had a fun time! And-- my dad came home!! It was soo nice having him back! He had to go back yesterday after church though. :( We will probably spend the summer with him. which i have mixed feelings about, but am happy we are going to be with him!
So I started this random facts thing a week ago. I've been working on it ever since. Please, take some time to read it some of it. I have worked so hard:)
Random facts! Tagged by Miriam
1. I enjoy watching people argue over something that's stupid. It's very amusing. Today in Language arts, some one asked "why isn't the map of the U.S.A turned upside down? I always thought that would be better..." Go figure. Something lame to argue about, but I still had a good time listening to it. :o) PLUS it took up class time! even better...
2. I am not a picky eater when it comes to variety, but am when it comes to how it's cooked, and how it's seasoned. I Love gourmet! i do not care for hot dogs and easy mac. So i guess i am in a way..
3. I can not use a compass. I do not know why, but I am directionally challenged.
4. I love riding my bike at the beach, but not at the mountains! It takes too much work to go up a hill.:)
5. have been watching big sis drive, and decide that I'm excited about driving! (a little scared-- but more excited than when I first saw her drive. I was scared to death!:)
6. I prefer cooking over baking. I have had some clumsy experiences with baking. (Ex. cracking the egg in the trash can and keeping the shell, putting salt instead of sugar... you get the idea!) When I cook (which, occasionally happens) I like to make chicken, HOMEMADE macaroni & cheese ( my grandma's "secret" recipe) and... broccoli. It's easy enough, right? Also, you can mess around with the recipe in cooking, which you can't do as well with baking.
7. I like shopping, but don't love the mall. the mall is fun sometimes, but it's just so big and expensive! I like to shop at Target, Gap, consignment and the Tanger Outlet stores. (sales!!!)
8. I am just learning to read notes in violin. I have played for 5 years by ear, so it's kinda hard to get into reading notes.
9. I am not sporty. A bit. You should see my in P.E *runs from the ball*
10. I Am a big fan of finding nemo. It's so cute though...
11. I love gelato! It is SO amazing! there's this little gelato place downtown called Cafe Gelato. I've been there a couple of times and love it. The flavors are so much flavorful that regular ice cream. AND-- they have less fat than ice cream! I thought it would have more but it actually has less! yay!
12. I do not like clowns... or mimes for that matter. They are secretly out to kill.
(I've read too many mysteries involving clowns...:D)
13. I don't like horses. They're stinky, sweaty and make a big mess. But They're sometimes fun to ride. I DO like cows. They're cute, and munch clover peacefully on the lush hills. (wowa-- listen to those adjectives!) a cow/horse comparison.
14. Obama scares the heck out of me. He is killing babies, which is the most horrid thing.. and he spent 8 billion + dollars his first month of duty. ahhhhhhh.. I am scared to say the least, but we can't do anything about it but pray..
15. I have been eyeing Lilly Pullitzer dresses... they are soo adorable! If i had enough moo-la that's one of the things I would buy. A nice, pink & green original. By Lilly, of course!
16. My music style is varied. I enjoy contemporary christian, alternative, some indie rock to frank sinatra. Anybody have a title i can put on that??
17. In college, I would like to do something with fashion, but would be afraid I'd become to materialistic. I have a problem with that.
18. When I paint my fingernails, they come out globby and terrible. I don't know how they do it in salons-- plus, I always pick the nail polish off. I cannot go a day without picking off my nail polish. Another bad habit of mine...
19. I had my tonsils out last summer. Actually, it was pretty nice. 2 weeks of pudding, ice cream, and movies. My throat hurt pretty bad though. I was soo happy to be able to eat REAL food
20. When I was little, I had a lemonade stand with my sisters. We sold cheerios by the handful and lemonade. ha~ we sure didn't have any customers! My sisters and our ideas...(that's 2 links)
21. I love to go yard-saling! I have found so much awesome stuff from yardsales.
22. Going to church is the hilight of my week. I look forward to it so much!
23. I went to N.Y.C 3 months before the crash. I also went to the top of the twin towers at midnight. Also, my dad (who is not afraid of heights) was very uneasy about going up. Ironic, eh? what a blessing that we weren't there 3 months later...
24. I was homeschooled all the way up except till this year. I have finally gotten used to getting up early.
25. I love spinach! It is good in pasta, as a dip, in salad, pizza..
26. Currently, I've been wearing a lot of pink, navy, green and black. Those are like my favorite colors!
27. I like Polo Ralph Lauren.
28. My math teacher wears THE cutest clothes... UGGHH they are so stinkin cute!
29. This year, I have been obsessed with zebra print. lets see-- zebra print scarf, coat, watch, notebook, shoes ...
30. Black is great to accesorize with.
31. I spend too much money at the vending machine. Today, I was at school all day so I bought a soda, cheetos, and sour skittles. I usually don't drink soda, but was soo thirsty after P.E. That doens't sound like that terribly much, but it adds up. Ka ching ka ching$$$
32. Chick-fil-a is the best fast food.
33. Math is hard.
34. People are often confusing.
35. cheesecake is delicious
36. I'm getting tired of this!:)
37. I have many 'dream jobs'- professional violinist, marine bioligist, something having to do with fashion... I keep on changing my mind! But hey i have a while to decide im just in middle school
38. Wednesday's are the best days of the week.
39. seashells are fascinating
40. I hope i don' t have to get braces...
41. My uncle is my dentist!:)
42. I like alligators. (from afar!) When we got to Hilton Head, we usually see them. They're kinda cool and mysterious, and give you the shivers. But i am scared of them up close, of course! I'm no crocodile hunter
43. I have a whole collection of polly-pockets that I haven't gotten rid of.
44. I am very hot natured. I have to have a ceiling fan on year-round in my bedroom so I'll go to sleep. Also, I like the sound of the fan. It's soothing.
45. I have started to like cake more than I have before.
46. My fish is 5 years old.. serious I'm tired of him! All he does is swim around and he's not supposed to live this long! this wasn't the deal i was in for! :D
47. I am reading Pride and Prejudice.
48. Out of all the super hero movies, ironman is my favorite!
49. I do not like Hardees or burger king. Heard too many stories!
50. I love big chunky rings
51. I LOVE garlic. It makes everything taste good! (well, most everything!)
52. skittles are kinda nasty unless they are sour skittles
53. Kit-kat's are delicious
54. I recently ate fermented apple sauce and thought it was good... *cough* *cough*
55. without color, life would be so boring
56. I've always thought about what it would be like to be an ocean animal or a mermaid who lived at the bottom of the ocean. Maybe finding nemo has inspired that thought...
57. A lot of people think I have an accent. some people have said southern, and some people have said northern. Im a bit confused.
58. The word "forever" awes me. To think that we will be in heaven with God FOREVER is so amazing to think about... FOREVER!! forever forever...
59. I love to hear people talk in accents.. Especially french. Some french high school students came to my class, and i loved just listening to them talk.
60. America is going down hill.. People's morals are terrible, crime has been more frequent, more people with outjobs, obesity,... Sadly, it is not the country it once was.
61. I used to have a pet duck. name goldie.
62. we have an old fashioned phone, where you have to turn the little wheel to dial. It's fun!:D
63. skiing is my favorite thing to do in the winter. It's a blast!!!!!!
64. I love smoothies...
65. I have tried to put hilights in my hair by squeezing lemon juice on it, and sitting out in the sun, but since my hair is so dark it didn't work.:(
66. I have never been out of the country
67. I like to jam to oldies. hehe!
68. I love monogrammed anything
69. I love spicy/sour candy. Especially fire balls
70. I remember the directions by NeverEatSoggyWaffles. (North, east, south, west!)
71. I have never read or watched Twilight. i don't understand what's so special about vampires, . And i don't see why every thinks that Edward Cullin in the movie is hot... he is so not! he's ugly. but that's my opinon.
72. One of my pet peeves is people whispering. Why don't you just say it aloud or not say it all?
73. I love a good ol' country dinner. :) grandma's country style steak, rice, gravy, okra... yum!
74. real girls wear pearls
75. I love jewelry
76. I have been working on this post all week!:)
77. I am excited about Jesus coming back, but I want to be a mom, and a grandmother before. I'm selfish.
78. Whenever i babysit, I make the kids use manners. As long as they're with me, they WILL say please and thankyou. not gimme gimme
79. Yoplait yogurt is yummy!:) I really like the keylime pie
80. I love singing in the rain! And old musicals.
81. Audrey hepburn is awesome! Her movies are so cute
82. jellybeans give me a headache
83. the weather is really nice, but REALLy hot! well hot to me is over 85.
84. I really hope to go on a short-term missions trip somewhere down the road. My sister is going to Costa Rica this summer, so I'd like to do something like that.
85. We just sung "Lean on me" in choir yesterday at church. our choir is pretty good, but It was kind of distracting because every starting clapping and smiling cheesily. I felt like laughing because when you're up there, you can see the whole congregation! haha
86. I have today (monday) off of school~ yahoo~
87. I just saw Marley and Me. Cute movie but I seriously do not think it should have been PG. There were some suggestive scenes, especially for PG. Movie ratings have gotten more liberal
88. I cry in movies. I cried in Marley and Me.
89. whew! 11 more to go
90. making my bed is always a struggle for me
91. I had a kitten name Onyx. It was a solid black kitten, and it was really cute ! we had to give them away though, because we had 6 cats
92. we had 8 bunny rabbits at one point. I was a little tot back then.
93. We used to live at the beach.
94. ballet flats and flip-flops are what I wear every day. Hey they're comfty and cute!
95. I have a whole list of my favorite names... They are very unusual names. I'll give you a couple...
Girl names- Jade, Olive, Delta, Eden, claire, roselyn
Boy name- Sebastian. (I have a list but i can't remember anymore!)
96. I hate it when people talk in chat talk. like LOL or BRB. It's fine on computer, but not for talking!
97. my bedroom colors are yellow on the top- black stripe in the middle- teal on the bottom, with teal and yellow floral pillows and a black bedspread. I really like it! My sweet dad painted it for us while I went to the beach with my mom and friend.
98. I love stationary
99. what every happened to manners? A lost art...
100. Praise God i"m done with this!~
I tag whoever wants to do it...
aCc Abby C.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Last night, we went to my grandmother's house for dinner. My great Aunt Shirley was there was there too from out of town.
we ate a delicious dinner, and then my grandmother got out some apple sauce. I was the first to try it--- it was strangely bubbly, and tasted like it had carbonated water in it or something. I was just like "yumm this is good applesauce-- it's tangy." My grandmother tried some, and we came to the conclusion that it was firmented. LOVELY. And i thought it was some new delicious flavor! I'm glad we didn't get sick from it! It was a funny experiance.
Today, we haven't done very much. We went to church, and did nursery, and then went out to eat for Mexican. Just a relaxing Sunday, which is always nice!:o Nursery is always intersting. There's so many "no's" and "stop's" and "don'ts" you really get a taste of how sinful and selfish humanity really is. Even in the 3 year old nursery.
Anyways, I hope everyone has had a delightful weekend, and a good week ahead:). Thanks for reading my random [post]!
Friday, April 17, 2009
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
We did many other activities, such as team-building, studying the forest, games, etc. The camp was really nice for a camp-- the cabins were awesome! they were built above the ground, and had steps leading up to them. The food was pretty good-- for a camp. Except for the sticky buttery fake-tasting mash potatoes with mysterious looking gravy. Honestly, I'm not a big "cabin-girl" so it was nice to get back home and relax. It was rainy and muddy pretty much the whole time and we were outside the whole time.. yuck!
Today we did this awful orienteering course. For those of you who don't know what orinteering is, it's using a compass. I was awful at it. The counselors had to keep turning me around, and turning the compass so it would be lined up. I did not get anything out of it, and I was seriously embarassed. well, i guess i'd never used a compass before. And, the snobby girls in my class would run ahead and leave me with our teacher, to stare blankly and nod my head. That was the worst part of the camp. :/ It was a fun camp though. I really enjoyed the wetland ecology course. Learned a lot. I 'm ranting now, so MOVING on!
I... FINALLY GOT A BLOG MAKEOVER!! wahoo!! Whacha think? Comments are appreciated!
Sunday, April 12, 2009
I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits or popularity. i don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded. i now live by faith, lean on His presence, love with patience live by prayer and labor with power.
My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my Guide is reliable and my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured way, turned back, deluded or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won't give up, shut up, let up or slow up until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up and spoken up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know and work till He stops me. And when He comes for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner is clear: I am a part of the "Fellow of the Unashamed."
~ written by an African preacher.
I think this is a very powerful quote. Many many times, we don't live our lives like this, but I think this is a great example of faith and sacrifice. It was in our church bulletin today. ..
Friday, April 10, 2009
Lauren tagged me... (sort of!) Anyone can do this.
Family, Easter, Old Movies, , Polo Ralph Lauren, Gelato, violin
What is your weirdest obsession?
polyvore, arranging crayons on the floor by color
What are you wearing today?
pink capris, cream colored sweater, blue tank. i thought it was going to be warmer outside!
Why is today special?
Good Friday! Now thats really really special!
What would you like to learn to do?
cook more, be better at math... uhh math
What’s the last thing you bought?
I don't remember, but i think a wooden bird from a yardsale so i can spray paint it.
What are you listening to right now?
What is your favorite weather?
warm, sunny, rain (when i feel like it!)
What is your most challenging goal right now?
What do you think about the person who tagged you?
She's dang awesome! She's my sister.:D
If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
Maybe charleston, SC.
Favorite vacation spot?
I haven't been out of the country yet but I like Florida and Hilton Head SC
What would you like to have in your hands right now?
What would you like to get rid of?
this awful weather. It's so cloudy but it won't rain. It's stuck in the middle. I would've liked it to be sunny, but rain is better than this mess.
If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Which language do you want to learn?
I agree: German, French, Italian (swedish and russian are neat too!)
What did you dream of last night?
I usually don't remember my dreams.
Who do you want to meet in person? Rhett and Link, Audrey Hepburn, Abraham Lincoin, Irene dunne, Coco Chanel
One thing that you would snitch out of someone’s closet, with no regrets?
Nothing..... I'd definitely have regrets
What’s the favorite piece of clothing in your own closet?
What is your dream job?
If you had $100 now what would you spend it on?
Jewelry from etsy, some nice jeans, shoes, cameo jewelry..
Fashion pet peeve?
my sisters, my math teacher, friends,... bloggers
Describe your personal style: classic preppy, cute, black and white, zebra print, ...
Sunday, April 5, 2009
I am SOO THANKFUL for this holiday! without Jesus dying on the cross for our sins, and without a Savior, we would be nothing. Just sad people, on the verge of sadness for eternity. But-We know where we're going, and it's SOO comforting. I hope you will really think about this wonderful holiday- really embrace it, and think about it. It's not all about the easter bunny and cadbury eggs. (But I am a sucker for cadbury eggs!:)
Jesus is risen!
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Yes, I know. I'm not nearly there to filling this babe.
1. Zebra print notebook (Target)
2. Keys and library card
3. Cosmetic bag (Target)
4. Hand sanitizer (Bath&Bodyworks)
5. hairbands (ha... Grocery store!)
6. Deodorant (grocery store...)
7. used starbucks gift card. I don't even know why I still have it.
8. Altoid container i use to hold spare change:)
9. Wallet (Target)
11. iPod shuffle
12. little notepad thing-mo-bopper
So that's what's in my pocketbook, what's in yours?
Amanda (mandolin artist)