Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Top/Favorite Song of 2009: Fireflies by owl city and You Belong with Me, Taylor Swift
Top Creative Outlet of 2009:Art class with a great friend of ours
Top Movie of 2009: Julie & Julia.
Top Travel of 2009: Pittsburgh PA, and Florida
Top School Moment of 2009: probably standing around a table in the kitchen while eating lunch . I don't know why we don't sit down.
Top Excited Moment of 2009: Finding out my Dad got a new job, and this Christmas
Top Nerd Moment of 2009: let me think... umm i guess... getting an 100 on a paper. But that's not all that good 'cause she throws out points for everything.
Top Overall Thing about 2009: I loved touring downtown Pittsburgh, water-skiing, and picking oranges in Florida.
Well I can and can't believe it will already be 2010. It's crazy! This year actually hasn't been a very good year for me, though there has been lots of great things about it too... Anyways, tomorrow I might go to a professional basketball game with my bestie. But I am hesitant about spending $20 just for the darn ticket! Should I do it, or not? plus food (which is always pretty tempting!) so it would be about $25-30... errr.. decisions, decision. Yes, I do have Christmas money... but i have to save & tithe, so I won't have all that much spending money. gosh decisions are soo hard!
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
I am very excited. So excited I have a hard time concentrating on my algebra. HA! We have been frantically going shopping for gifts, and have gotten all our Christmas decorations out. I am looking forward to giving this year! well... and a littlle bit of receiving too. :D I am also excited about my first violin concert tonight. I have always played bymyself (solo) so it'll be fun playing with others.
Here is a fun holiday questionaire i received over email.
We just thought this would be fun to do. :)
First off....1. Name: Abby
2. Age:i I turn 14 in 3 monthsOK, here are the real questions...
3. Favorite Christmas color: tough call… I really don’t know. I like silver and blue…
4. Favorite Christmas song: silent night
5. Favorite Christmas movie: a Charlie brown Christmas… gotta love it
6. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Again… not sure. I really like egg nog but I get really tired of it really fast so I guess hot coco
7. Angel or Star on top of your tree? angel
8. Real or artificial tree? real. love the smell!
9. What is on the top of your Christmas wish list? A digital camera or a wii.
10. Travel or stay at home for Christmas? Well more like going to family 30 minutes away so it really isn’t that much traveling
11. A few big presents or lots of little ones? lots of little things
12. Do you like to open your stocking first or your packages? Packages.
13. What is your most cherished Christmas memory? Swimming at my cousin house in her indoor pool, the tanglewood festival of lights, and eating homemade pizza on Christmas eve with my family, and making candy with Grandma
14. Do you open gifts Christmas Eve or day? dayyy....it wouldnt be christmas if we opened them on christmas eeeevvvvveeee!!
15. What is your favorite toy you received as a child? Probably this “walking” doll. It was a life size doll that broke the day after Christmas. But I still loved it haha
16. Do you like to give or receive (you can't pick both)? Gosh darn I was just going to say both… I like to give. And get. So I’m breaking the rules and saying BOTH! Who came up with this anyway?
17. Christmas Eve tradition? Eat homemade pizza
18. Favorite holiday food? i like alot of foods
19. Have you ever had a white Christmas? idk i think when i was really little
20. Scrooge or Grinch? Grinch. The scrooge scared me so bad when I was little
Hope you have fun filling this out. :) We look forward to seeing your answers.
Sorry i just had to do christmas colors. I know it doesn't really match with my blog, but who cares!
I think it's hard sometimes when we are frantically running around doing errands and getting ready for Christmas, that we forget to stop and think what the REAL meaning of Christmas is. It's not all about the presents (which i sometimes think it is), and it's not all about the food. It's about Christ being born, to save us from our sins! Redemption. I pray that I will not make Christmas being about something other. \
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Florida oranges! they are THE best! The groves were soo pretty. There was a deal-thing where you could get a bag of any citrus in the grove. we filled our bags with keylimes, oranges, tangerines, and kumquats. I had never heard of them either. they are sorta sour, but good.
Anyways... The rest of the trip we swam, kayaked, looked for shells, shopped a little bit, saw dolphins (so awesome!), and rented bicycles which we rode all around the island. I ended up spending all my money on this trip. i know, i probably shouldn't have... but i got a really cute pink and green t-shirt, 1 pair of gold star fish earring, another pair of silver shells, and... some shells a t a shell place, postcards, and something else that i can't remember. It was the first year we didn't get together with family for thanksgiving. but we still had a good time.
Anyways.. I'm feeling a little depressed. I always get depressed after coming home from vacations. The leaves are all gone, and it's cold. but i am soo thankful we got to go have a wonderful time in florida! Another thing- it is hiliarous to see "winter wonderland" blow up snowmans in 80 degree weather. HA!
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and a fabulous week!
Saturday, October 24, 2009
It was really fun! I had never face painted before, but I did pretty good. A couple of times, I messed up a little. But anyway, the kids were adorable!! they were soo sweet!
I had a lot of fun~! Before I went to that, I baby-sat with Caroline for some friends from our church, for some of my favorite kids! They have 2 2 year old adorable adopted little girls (well they are still in the adoption process with marie) - Annie, the oldest is very pale, with blonde curly hair and blue eyes, and her little sister Marie is african-american with beautiful brown eyes. They are both soo cute together! We are praying it goes well with the adoption process. That family is so sweet!
Anyways, Caroline got her stationary from traylorspaper today.
"FB exclusive: FREE PERSONALIZED NOTECARD! Send us an email to VIP@traylorpapers.com with your name & address and we'll send you a free customized card with your name. Tell us your favorite colors and/or style (i.e., whimsical, classic, girly, etc.) and we'll try to make you a match ;) BONUS: post this offer on your blog or wall, send us a link and we'll send you a few extra! Good thru 10/28/09!"
I was pretty skeptical, so I looked it up on FB myself. I love personalized stationery!
Traylor Papers has a ton of cute items. I can't wait to get mine in the mail!
hope you had a great weekend!
Monday, October 19, 2009
2. Pass this along to 6 of your favorite bloggers!
3. Alert them that you have given them this award!
4. Have Fun!
Now, for the Fun Part:
2. Your hair? ok.
3. Your mother? loving
4. Your father? sweet
5. Your favorite food? everything
6. Your dream last night? weird
7. Your favorite drink? water
8. Your dream/goal? violinist
9. What room are you in? den
10. Your hobby? lots.
11. Your fear? death
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? college
13. Where were you last night? bed
14. Something that you aren’t? genius
15. Muffins? blueberry
16. Wish list item? purse
17. Where did you grow up? NC
18. Last thing you did? school
19. What are you wearing?clothes.
20. Your TV? 10in.:D
21. Your pets? troublesome
22. Friends? close
23. Your life? nice
24. Your mood? good
25. Missing someone? old friends
26. Vehicle? honda
27. Something you’re not wearing? earrings
28. Your favorite store? target
29. Your favorite color? blue
30. When was the last time you laughed? today
31. Last time you cried? idk
32. Your best friend? miriam
33. One place that I go to over and over? church
34. One person who emails me regularly? miriam
35. Favorite place to eat? carving board.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Monday, October 12, 2009
And shirts- hate neons. Hate lumber jack plaids. (sorry guys!)
But DO like- ruffle blouses, polo shirts, cable knit sweaters... j.crew-y stuff except I dont' really want to buy stuff from there because it's so $$$ and I will probably grow out of it really soon. (i'm 13 okay!) SOO it would be (very much) appreciated if you gave me some ideas of where to get reasonably priced cute clothes!
Thank you thank you thank you~! As you can see, I'm a very picky 13 year old.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Sunday, October 4, 2009
on friday, we celebrated caroline's birthday. we made a really nice lunch of shrimp, bread, salad, and coconut cake. it was yummy!:D it was a little disapointing, because one of my grandma's couldn't come because she was sick, and one showed up and told us she'd eat a piece a cake and stay for 2o minutes (which i was a little ticked off about)... anyways, i hope caroline had a good birthday! me and lauren got her a really adorable anchor necklace from the jewel box.
yesterday, my dad randomly (and awesomely!) told us we were getting a trampoline. so we went to sports authority and now we have been jumping away!:) it's really good excercise too!:)
the sermon at church was so good. we are covering genesis. here's a song i like!
well.. hope u had a good weekend. ahhh monday is almost here.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Anyway, dad came home on Friday night, so that was good to have him back. Yesterday (Sunday) we went to our good friend's ordination for becoming an assistant pastor and then a party thing at our church, so that was fun. Thankfully, today is a lot prettier weather. But it's sorta cold. :/
that's about all i have to say.
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
I have seen 2 movies this week. One called while you were sleepig. It's stars Sandra Bullock (she is one of my favorite actresses). It was made in the 90's. (which I don't like the 90's a bit, but I'll stop before I start ranting and raving). It was cute, but very unlikely in real life. here's a trailer-
Also, I finished tuck everlasting. Man it's sad.. but pretty good. The book is a lot better, which is not surprising. This preview is a little cheezy, but the movie was good.
It's about a family who drinks out of a spring and they live forever. Winnie Foster, daughter of the family who owns the woods of Treegap, runs away into the forest and meets a young boy name Jesse tuck. She sees him drinking out of a spring. She tries to get a drink, but they have to kidnap Winnie so she won't know the secret of the spring. They end up falling in love, and Winnie has the choice whether she should drink out of the spring and live forever, or be a regular person, who lives their life, not just a person who will never grow old or die. It is actually a very deep story. (read the book first! ) I saw this on youtube. (they have the full thing downloaded). I could start a whole discussion on this but I don't want to ruin the whole story for you!
I usually watch movies at night during weekdays, so you might have some more random movie reviews like this.:)
Monday, September 14, 2009
Friday, September 11, 2009
**Edit post** I am sorry if i was unclear on what i was talking about earlier. I wrote this post on 9/11.
Bad occasion today. 8 years ago, I remember that everything was going wrong, and it was just a horribe day. I remember my parents being upset, and I wasn't quite sure what had happened. Many people lost their lives trying to save people during this horribe event. I was at the world trade center 4 months before the crash. It was scary. I was scared. It was about midnight, and I was only about 5 years old. Thank God I wasn't there 4 months later! What a sad occasion.. God bless America!
Nonetheless, I had a fabulous day! First day of class, and now heading off to the beach for the weekend! Totally spontaneous, and totally awesome! And tomorrow is my dad's birthday! Happy Birthday Dad! I love you sooo much! I wish you could be home with us!
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Easy Apple Pie
- 1 (9 in) pie crust, buttered
- 5-6 apples, but I did 7 because they were small
- 1 1/2 sticks butter (3/4 cup)
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts. I used walnuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
Peal and cut apples. Place apples in pie crust and sprinkle with cinnamon and 1 tbsp sugar. In a bowl, mix 1 cup sugar, flour & butter. Blend in un-beatend egg, pinch of salt, and nuts. Mix well and pour over apples. If desired, put a top crust on the pie. Bake at 350 degress for 45 minutes.
And, Bon Appetite! My FIRST pie, and it was very good if I do say so myself!:)
Thank you for your sweet comments in my last post! WHO"S EXCITED ABOUT FALL?!!!
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Get a tan- Well i got as tan as abby can get. (which isn't that tan but I DID get a little color)
Be with my dad- yep. Very thankful we got to spend most of the summer w/ him
Go swimming. Our apartment we'll be staying in has a swimming pool. we haven't been a member of a pool in forever, so it'll be fun! - yes, we went swimming a lot this summer.
Make some strawberry lemonade- nope.:(
Pick some more strawberries - we picked one batch.
possibly go water skiing. Never been before, but I'd love to if we get the chance! - YES! I can't believe I got to do that!
Go shopping- hit the outlet stores! Including banana republic, jcrew, brook's brothers, and gap
Go to the cheesecake factory. My math teacher has always told me it was so good and that I should go. So, Ms. Goodson, I'll try to go to the cheesecake factory for you!:0) - nope. Not yet. When I do go, I will try to get tha banana cream cheese cake Amanda was telling me about!:)
Eat an orange cream sicle- nope.:(
Eat some shrimp - yup!
buy some ice cream from the ice cream man- no but I want to on my last week of freedom.
bicycle- not too much of that...
visit mueseums- we visited all the museums we could possibly see. Not exactly, but I am a little tired of museums if that means anything.
go to the beach. I don't know if we will be going this year, but it would defintely be nice!- Unfortunately, NOT. I sooo miss the beach!
read some good books- Yes, did a lot of reading. Read magician's nephew, anne of green gables, (ABSOLUTELY LOVE the books and the movies! soul surfer, and a lot more that I can't remember...
make some yummy meals- I didn't make any yummy meals, but mommy did!;)
Go to grandmother's cabin- Didn't get to...
wear flipflops- O yea. Been living in flip flops!
Buy some cute summer outfits- yes,some.
Plus, I saw my first pro baseball game, and got a new computer! Well, I had a great summer! Hopefully, you did too! This last week, I'm going back-to-school shopping, and enjoying freedom before going back to the dreaded "s" word. :)
Ps. What do you think about my new blog makeover? Truthfully here people. I'm still not sure if I like it.
Monday, July 27, 2009
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
These people are amazing at water-skiing, and they did an awesome job of teaching us. It was a cold, dreary, cloudy day, and the water was cold, but we went out there and did it! *Wahoo* It was SOO worth it. I had been wanting to do this for the whole summer... What a blessing!
Last night, we came HOME! HOME... Sweet home. It is soo nice to see friends, and you don't even know how nice it is to have my own bed and have more than 1 bathroom. (all 6 of us had to share a bathroom in our apart.)
Unfortunately, I didn't sleep well because I had that chocolate covered espresso bean... And I had one the night before....(probably not just one!) Now I know my lesson. No more chocolate covered espresso beans at 4:00!
Anyways, I am happy I am home. Lauren is going to Costa-Rica this Saturday!*woot woot*
I will post more about our trip later!
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Anyways, we are leaving. I have so much more to post about, but this will have to do for now!
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Monday, June 15, 2009
Friday, June 12, 2009
Our apartment is fairly nice. But It is as small as I'll get out, and all 3 of us have to share a room. Other than that, it's nice because it has a pool, and tennis courts.
One day, the sun came out for a little while and we got to go swimming. But other than that, it has been cloudy and overcast for 3-4 days. We haven't had a great pool day yet.
Yesterday, my dad got us a membership to a place called "the club 4 life." It's a huge work-out facility with everything to do! So that's a good thing to do on a cloudy, depressing day. And,I heard there is a cheesecake factory here, so I'm hoping to go try it out. :)
Well I need to go. I'll update when I can.
I want to go see Night at the Museum 2.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Sorry, I didn't get to do share-a-song Sunday's last week, so here's a song we have been singing at church.
I enjoy reading every comment, when I get them. So keep them going while I'm gone~!
Ta-ta for now... Again, hope you have a wonderful summer, and I'll be be back soon!
Friday, June 5, 2009
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
3 Things you want very badly at the moment:
2. celebrate my moms birthday!
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Yesterday, I got out of school! I kinda have mixed feelings about it, but am excited. The year went by pretty fast. I'm defintely going to miss my teachers, and the 8th graders, but not my grade! Mannn I'm happy to get away from them. Ha! It was sweet though, I had to leave a little early and when I left, everyone came and gave me a hug. AAWWWW!~ My cousin was in my class this year, so that was cool. Maybe I'll be back next year, who knows! everything is up in the air. That's what I dont' like about this moving thing. We don't know what the heck we'll do for school! Anyways, I don't want to get into that subject again. It' been an ok year. Yesterday, We had a class party, so we just ate sundaes and signed yearbooks. That was nice...
This summer, I can't wait to... (in no particular order)
- Get a tan.
- Be with my dad.
- Go swimming. Our apartment we'll be staying in has a swimming pool. we haven't been a member of a pool in forever, so it'll be fun!
- Make some strawberry lemonade
- Pick some more strawberries
- possibly go water skiing. Never been before, but I'd love to if we get the chance!
- Go shopping.
- Go to the cheesecake factory. My math teacher has always told me it was so good and that I should go. So, Ms. Goodson, I'll try to go to the cheesecake factory for you!:0)
- Eat an orange cream sicle
- Eat some shrimp
- buy some ice cream from the ice cream man
- visit mueseums
- go to the beach. I don't know if we will be going this year, but it would defintely be nice!
- read some good books.
- make some yummy meals
- go fishing. :)
- go to my grandmother's cabin
- wear flipflops
- Buy some cute summer outfits!
whew! And there's more, but I can't think of them right now...
So, "let summer begin!"
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Then we went shopping. We went to this cute little shop downtown called the Snob Shop. (Funny name, I know!) I couldn't find anything for a while, but I finally got sucess! I found a white sleeveless lily polo shirt, (for a lot cheaper than normal price!:) and some giraffe print shorts. I was very happy~! I haven't been able to find clothes in a while, (that I like) so I was blessed!
We have done a lot today! My dad came home last night! It was so good to see him! Today, we went to pick strawberries, since the weather was so nice. We picked about 4 gallons. Yum! I love strawberries, and they're healthy. And, I've heard they help whiten teeth! (I don't know if that's true or not-- anybody know?)
Than, we went home, changed clothes, and went to meet my grandmother for lunch. We went out sorta in the middle of nowhere, in Amish county.There is this store run by some Amish people called "Shiloh General store and deli". It's a very neat store, and we got some delicious sandwhiches. They make THE best bread! It's a very cool atmosphere. It's not every day you see a horse and buggy drive by! Outside of the store, they had a box with free kittens inside. They were sooo cute! I wanted one (kinda) but not right now, since we are trying to move.
We also went to OldNavy in the mall. They were having their $1 for flipflops sale. Unfortunately, it was really picked over and there wasn't at all much left. O well!
Maybe I'll post some pictures later of the day... Have a great long weekend, and Happy Memorial day!
Friday, May 22, 2009
B- Bed size: twin
C- Chore you hate: washing dishes
D - Dog's names: Lucy
E- Essential start your day item: breakfast!:)
F - Favorite color: Pink and Green, teal and brown
H - Height: 5'1.5"
I - Instruments you play: Violin
J - Job title: middle school student
K - Kid(s): uhhh nooo...
L- Living arrangements: with the fam!
M - Mom's name: Martha
N - Nicknames: Abbz, absters, abby-dabby-doo, abby
O - Overnight at the hospital (besides the day you were born) Thank God, no
P-Pet Peeve: poor manners, whispering in public
Q - Quote from a movie: Uhh... don't know
R- right or left handed? Right
S - Siblings: 2 older sisters
T - Time you wake up: 6:30
U- First word that comes to your mind for "U": Unicorn.
V - Vegetable you dislike: beets
W- Ways you run late: probably doing last minute homework in the morning on the way to school. I am a procrastinater
X - X-rays you've had: none
Y- Yummy food you make: homemade macaronni and cheese, chicken,
Z - Zoo favorites: Llamas, Zebras, Tigers and peacocks!:)
Monday, May 18, 2009
My grandmother looked like a queen. She was wearing her straw hat with a black ribbon and her beautiful jewelry. On top of the hat she wore a tiara. How adorable!???
The food was delicous! Especially the caramel pound cake... My sister's good friend's mom is a cake decorater, and she made THE best cake I think I have ever eaten. It was delicious! There was also punch and strawberries. There was a lot more food, but I listed most of it in my last post.
Of course, my lovely embarassing aunt's decided they wanted to make me play my violin. How nice! ? O well.. It was fine but I wasn't too thrilled because I was just enjoying drinking me punch and caramel cake!:)
Ohh here's a funny story---after a while, I got a little bit tired of all the people in one room. so I decided I needed some quietness. (I think that's a word.??) Maybe it's silence. O anyways.. So I went downstairs where our dog lucy was was put (so she wouldn't bother the old ladies.) It was really nice and quiet there, so I started to talk to the dog. Yes, I do talk to dogs. Am I insane? No. I know they don't understand what I'm saying, but sometimes its nice to talk to the dog. Because they have no answer.:) SO i was just doing my own thing when I heard "ABBBYY?" (me) "what?" and I looked up stairs. There was no one there. So I went all the way down the steps, and saw Lauren curled up on a chair.
(me) "Did you hear me talking to the dog?"
(Lauren) "yea but it's okay. I came down here to talk to her too!
HA! I thought that was funny. And i'm glad I'm not the only one who talks to the dog.
It was a lot of fun. I'm sure my grandmother and her friends will be talking about this for years:!)
Sunday, May 17, 2009
After the sale, we made a run to goodwill for the leftover's.
Hooray for getting rid of junk! I feel like I had a lot of clothes I didn't wear that were just sitting sadly in the closet. Know at least someone's enjoying them (hopefully!:)
Today we are having my Grandmother's 80th Birthday party! It's going to be a garden theme, because she has always loved gardening. We are having a caramel pound cake, cucumber sandwhiches, crab dip, punch, spanakopita. I'm sure it will be fun!
We are going to the evening service at church tonight because we have to get ready.
Now, for Share-A-Song Sunday's!
Thursday, May 14, 2009
The shakesphere play- I know I mentioned me playing my violin in it, but I don't never if i told much about it. well it was so much fun! Anually, my school has a huge play, which we work on throughout the year. This year, our play was "As you like it."
I played the part of a lady-in-waiting. I had a fairly small speaking part. At least I had something, right? And at least I got to put on a costume, and makeup. I had a blast though. I guess the excitement of it all was mainly why.
After the play, we went to some friend's house, watched "What about Bob" (weirdly funny movie-- soo totally 80's though!) And then went to pick up my dad at the air port. It was about 11:30 when we got there. It was soo good to see him!
The next day we went to the celtic festival. Very intersting. There was-- let's just say a very WIDE variety of different types of people. It was a little bit disturbing. A lot of goths with spiked chocker necklaces, pink hair, and kilts. And many hippies. All in kilts. *cringe* the music and icecream was good though!:)
That night we went out to eat for greek food. It was delicious! aww man it was good. Greek is like my new favorite cuisine now!
Sunday was Mother's Day! we made my mom lunch, got her roses and cards, and went for a Sunday afternoon jog. I was training for running the mile. Right after that, my dad had to leave. :( I was really sad...
Anyways, we had a good weekend. Forgive me for not posting about it.
Yesterday, we had to run the mile in P.E. Omigoodness... it makes me more tired than I already am just thinking about it. After school, I hung out with Dee Dee, went to Borders and looked at funny books. Then came back for a church picnic. Wednesday's are officially over.:( mannn what am I going to do on Wednesday's any more?
Today nothing eventful has happend. I am sooo tired. I think I might go take a nap... Yea that would be nice. Sorry for an unusually long post!
Monday, May 11, 2009
In the jungle, the mighty jungle The lion sleeps tonight In the jungle the quiet jungle The lion sleeps tonight Near the village the peaceful village The lion sleeps tonight Near the village the quiet village The lion sleeps tonight Hush my darling don't fear my darling The lion sleeps tonight Hush my darling don't fear my darling The lion sleeps tonight .
I know you totally wanna sing along!:) I am sorry that I don't have anything else for ya! Anyways, despite my gloomy Monday, I hope yours was fantastic!
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Here is a song that I love!:)
Happy Mother's day! I love you Mom, and am so proud to be your daughter!♥
Have a lovely Sunday...
Thursday, May 7, 2009
My first blog award! Given to me by Sweet, Sassy and Always Classy.
Thank you so much! Here are the rules:
The rules of this award are to recognize the blogger who bestowed the award and then nominate ten other blogs you admire.
The ten blogs I nominate are:
1. Miriam (live laugh love)
2. Gracie (preppy southern princess)
3 Renee (always a southern girl)
4. Hollie (All things in Moddy)
5.BLC:o (The company she keeps)
6. Sassy Engineer
7. My kind of candy
8. Kelly (Mr. and Mrs. Smith)
Have a fabulos-o Thursday!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Sunday, May 3, 2009
I've been looking at my nails a lot. They're so shiny!:) I could never be a nail person. When I paint mine, I always end up picking them off because they're so globby. The guy who did my nails didn't say more than about 10 words the whole time, and the rest of the time he was talking to himself in chinese. I was a little bit scared, because he could've been talking about my awful cuticals. AHH! they were scary before he messed with them. I do not do much with my nails. I felt very pampered.
Go see a funny video at Lauren's blog about manicures. Have you ever seen bon qui qui? It's the same girl who does that who has a show.
Last night, we had some friends over and did some excercise dvds. They were a blast, and a workout! Belly dancing was... errr... funny! We also watched some funny rhett and link videos. Go see a funny one on Caroline's blog...
Well today, I went to both services at church. I did because my mom and I got up early to go to the 8:30 service (actually we didn't get up very early... we got up about 30 minutes before we had to go. Long story, but NOT a smart idea! ) My sisters came later, so I sat through with them again, because my mom had to go to a funeral for one of her relatives. I didn't mind sitting through again, but the second service I was soo tired.
Caroline wasn't feeling well, and so she got up in the middle of church and left for a long time. I decided I'd go check on her, because it had been about 15 minutes. Her stomach was hurting, and I wasn't sure what to do. So i went back in, passed notes with lauren for about 5 minutes, persuading her to go check on Caroline. It probably looked pretty funny, because we all got up about twice during the sermon, and it took forever. Long story, but thats pretty much how it happened. I'm glad caroline's doing better though!
Bleh. I am exhausted. And it's a cloudy day out. Not looking forward to going back to school, where I have to do presidential fitness training. Whew. And I'm having a bad hair day.
Anyways, here's a great song! I got the pleasure of singing it twice today at church..
Hope you have a lovely, relaxing Sunday!
Thursday, April 30, 2009
I do not know what to think of this school year coming to an end so soon.
I have not loved school, nor do I have the most school friends in the world, but yet I think I will miss it somehow during the summer. I guess I am more attached to the teachers than I am to the students. And it's sad that I most likely won't be there next year, but what if our house doesn't sell? I am so accustomed to the thought of moving, though I don't want to, that I'm just used to the dang idea so it would be weird if I went next year, after everyone has heard that our house is up for sale.
Where will we be next year? Will I go to the same school? I am so confused.
I have been thinking about it a lot lately. This year has been so full of changes that I'm having a hard time adapting to it all. This is my first year going to a real school ( I was homeschooled before ), and I am not sure what I want to do next year, or, it is not my choice at all!
Me and my sisters have all probably had similar posts these days. We are all thinking about this.
I know it is all in God's plan, and He knows exactly where we will be, and how it's all going to work out; because HE planned it! But yet i'm still having a hard time...
Will you please say a prayer for me today? Thanks so much! I really appreciate it.
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
8 things I am looking forward to..
- seeing my dad
- getting over this awful sore throat
- getting my school yearbook
- eating yogurt. it'll feel so good on my throat...
- going to Charlotte this weekend
- summer clothes shopping
- our adventures this summer
- getting a tan
8 things I did yesterday...
- went to school
- tried on our costumes for our school's annual shakesphere play
- looked at lauren's yearbook. How fun! No seriously-- I love pictures!
- studied for a spelling/vocab. test, which I'll have to make up.
- washed dishes
- got a sore throat
- read the Bible.
8 things I wish....
- My sore throat would go away
- That I'd see my dad
- Go shopping
- I could go to Wednesday night church for the last one of the summer...
- Go to the beach. yeaaa that would be nice
- Eat some cheesecake
- I had a digital camera
- wednesday night church would go through the summer
8 shows I watch... *we do not have cable*
- Rachael Ray
- Dog whisperer. My dog seriously needs a Caesar Millan
- I dream of Jeannie
- Jon and Kate plus 8 (when I'm bored.)
- what not to wear
- 10 years younger
- Clean House
- Leave it to Beaver
Okay... whoever wants to do this is welcome to.
Favorite things of spring/summer (1st 3 pictures credit of caroline)
Our dog is happy!
The trellis is pretty
The strawberries are in season
What are you looking forward to about summer?
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
we took care of Annie-Catherine, a little girl that goes to our church for the weekend. She is adorable! We had so much fun playing with her. She's 2 years old about, and is starting to talk more. We had a fun time! And-- my dad came home!! It was soo nice having him back! He had to go back yesterday after church though. :( We will probably spend the summer with him. which i have mixed feelings about, but am happy we are going to be with him!
So I started this random facts thing a week ago. I've been working on it ever since. Please, take some time to read it some of it. I have worked so hard:)
Random facts! Tagged by Miriam
1. I enjoy watching people argue over something that's stupid. It's very amusing. Today in Language arts, some one asked "why isn't the map of the U.S.A turned upside down? I always thought that would be better..." Go figure. Something lame to argue about, but I still had a good time listening to it. :o) PLUS it took up class time! even better...
2. I am not a picky eater when it comes to variety, but am when it comes to how it's cooked, and how it's seasoned. I Love gourmet! i do not care for hot dogs and easy mac. So i guess i am in a way..
3. I can not use a compass. I do not know why, but I am directionally challenged.
4. I love riding my bike at the beach, but not at the mountains! It takes too much work to go up a hill.:)
5. have been watching big sis drive, and decide that I'm excited about driving! (a little scared-- but more excited than when I first saw her drive. I was scared to death!:)
6. I prefer cooking over baking. I have had some clumsy experiences with baking. (Ex. cracking the egg in the trash can and keeping the shell, putting salt instead of sugar... you get the idea!) When I cook (which, occasionally happens) I like to make chicken, HOMEMADE macaroni & cheese ( my grandma's "secret" recipe) and... broccoli. It's easy enough, right? Also, you can mess around with the recipe in cooking, which you can't do as well with baking.
7. I like shopping, but don't love the mall. the mall is fun sometimes, but it's just so big and expensive! I like to shop at Target, Gap, consignment and the Tanger Outlet stores. (sales!!!)
8. I am just learning to read notes in violin. I have played for 5 years by ear, so it's kinda hard to get into reading notes.
9. I am not sporty. A bit. You should see my in P.E *runs from the ball*
10. I Am a big fan of finding nemo. It's so cute though...
11. I love gelato! It is SO amazing! there's this little gelato place downtown called Cafe Gelato. I've been there a couple of times and love it. The flavors are so much flavorful that regular ice cream. AND-- they have less fat than ice cream! I thought it would have more but it actually has less! yay!
12. I do not like clowns... or mimes for that matter. They are secretly out to kill.
(I've read too many mysteries involving clowns...:D)
13. I don't like horses. They're stinky, sweaty and make a big mess. But They're sometimes fun to ride. I DO like cows. They're cute, and munch clover peacefully on the lush hills. (wowa-- listen to those adjectives!) a cow/horse comparison.
14. Obama scares the heck out of me. He is killing babies, which is the most horrid thing.. and he spent 8 billion + dollars his first month of duty. ahhhhhhh.. I am scared to say the least, but we can't do anything about it but pray..
15. I have been eyeing Lilly Pullitzer dresses... they are soo adorable! If i had enough moo-la that's one of the things I would buy. A nice, pink & green original. By Lilly, of course!
16. My music style is varied. I enjoy contemporary christian, alternative, some indie rock to frank sinatra. Anybody have a title i can put on that??
17. In college, I would like to do something with fashion, but would be afraid I'd become to materialistic. I have a problem with that.
18. When I paint my fingernails, they come out globby and terrible. I don't know how they do it in salons-- plus, I always pick the nail polish off. I cannot go a day without picking off my nail polish. Another bad habit of mine...
19. I had my tonsils out last summer. Actually, it was pretty nice. 2 weeks of pudding, ice cream, and movies. My throat hurt pretty bad though. I was soo happy to be able to eat REAL food
20. When I was little, I had a lemonade stand with my sisters. We sold cheerios by the handful and lemonade. ha~ we sure didn't have any customers! My sisters and our ideas...(that's 2 links)
21. I love to go yard-saling! I have found so much awesome stuff from yardsales.
22. Going to church is the hilight of my week. I look forward to it so much!
23. I went to N.Y.C 3 months before the crash. I also went to the top of the twin towers at midnight. Also, my dad (who is not afraid of heights) was very uneasy about going up. Ironic, eh? what a blessing that we weren't there 3 months later...
24. I was homeschooled all the way up except till this year. I have finally gotten used to getting up early.
25. I love spinach! It is good in pasta, as a dip, in salad, pizza..
26. Currently, I've been wearing a lot of pink, navy, green and black. Those are like my favorite colors!
27. I like Polo Ralph Lauren.
28. My math teacher wears THE cutest clothes... UGGHH they are so stinkin cute!
29. This year, I have been obsessed with zebra print. lets see-- zebra print scarf, coat, watch, notebook, shoes ...
30. Black is great to accesorize with.
31. I spend too much money at the vending machine. Today, I was at school all day so I bought a soda, cheetos, and sour skittles. I usually don't drink soda, but was soo thirsty after P.E. That doens't sound like that terribly much, but it adds up. Ka ching ka ching$$$
32. Chick-fil-a is the best fast food.
33. Math is hard.
34. People are often confusing.
35. cheesecake is delicious
36. I'm getting tired of this!:)
37. I have many 'dream jobs'- professional violinist, marine bioligist, something having to do with fashion... I keep on changing my mind! But hey i have a while to decide im just in middle school
38. Wednesday's are the best days of the week.
39. seashells are fascinating
40. I hope i don' t have to get braces...
41. My uncle is my dentist!:)
42. I like alligators. (from afar!) When we got to Hilton Head, we usually see them. They're kinda cool and mysterious, and give you the shivers. But i am scared of them up close, of course! I'm no crocodile hunter
43. I have a whole collection of polly-pockets that I haven't gotten rid of.
44. I am very hot natured. I have to have a ceiling fan on year-round in my bedroom so I'll go to sleep. Also, I like the sound of the fan. It's soothing.
45. I have started to like cake more than I have before.
46. My fish is 5 years old.. serious I'm tired of him! All he does is swim around and he's not supposed to live this long! this wasn't the deal i was in for! :D
47. I am reading Pride and Prejudice.
48. Out of all the super hero movies, ironman is my favorite!
49. I do not like Hardees or burger king. Heard too many stories!
50. I love big chunky rings
51. I LOVE garlic. It makes everything taste good! (well, most everything!)
52. skittles are kinda nasty unless they are sour skittles
53. Kit-kat's are delicious
54. I recently ate fermented apple sauce and thought it was good... *cough* *cough*
55. without color, life would be so boring
56. I've always thought about what it would be like to be an ocean animal or a mermaid who lived at the bottom of the ocean. Maybe finding nemo has inspired that thought...
57. A lot of people think I have an accent. some people have said southern, and some people have said northern. Im a bit confused.
58. The word "forever" awes me. To think that we will be in heaven with God FOREVER is so amazing to think about... FOREVER!! forever forever...
59. I love to hear people talk in accents.. Especially french. Some french high school students came to my class, and i loved just listening to them talk.
60. America is going down hill.. People's morals are terrible, crime has been more frequent, more people with outjobs, obesity,... Sadly, it is not the country it once was.
61. I used to have a pet duck. name goldie.
62. we have an old fashioned phone, where you have to turn the little wheel to dial. It's fun!:D
63. skiing is my favorite thing to do in the winter. It's a blast!!!!!!
64. I love smoothies...
65. I have tried to put hilights in my hair by squeezing lemon juice on it, and sitting out in the sun, but since my hair is so dark it didn't work.:(
66. I have never been out of the country
67. I like to jam to oldies. hehe!
68. I love monogrammed anything
69. I love spicy/sour candy. Especially fire balls
70. I remember the directions by NeverEatSoggyWaffles. (North, east, south, west!)
71. I have never read or watched Twilight. i don't understand what's so special about vampires, . And i don't see why every thinks that Edward Cullin in the movie is hot... he is so not! he's ugly. but that's my opinon.
72. One of my pet peeves is people whispering. Why don't you just say it aloud or not say it all?
73. I love a good ol' country dinner. :) grandma's country style steak, rice, gravy, okra... yum!
74. real girls wear pearls
75. I love jewelry
76. I have been working on this post all week!:)
77. I am excited about Jesus coming back, but I want to be a mom, and a grandmother before. I'm selfish.
78. Whenever i babysit, I make the kids use manners. As long as they're with me, they WILL say please and thankyou. not gimme gimme
79. Yoplait yogurt is yummy!:) I really like the keylime pie
80. I love singing in the rain! And old musicals.
81. Audrey hepburn is awesome! Her movies are so cute
82. jellybeans give me a headache
83. the weather is really nice, but REALLy hot! well hot to me is over 85.
84. I really hope to go on a short-term missions trip somewhere down the road. My sister is going to Costa Rica this summer, so I'd like to do something like that.
85. We just sung "Lean on me" in choir yesterday at church. our choir is pretty good, but It was kind of distracting because every starting clapping and smiling cheesily. I felt like laughing because when you're up there, you can see the whole congregation! haha
86. I have today (monday) off of school~ yahoo~
87. I just saw Marley and Me. Cute movie but I seriously do not think it should have been PG. There were some suggestive scenes, especially for PG. Movie ratings have gotten more liberal
88. I cry in movies. I cried in Marley and Me.
89. whew! 11 more to go
90. making my bed is always a struggle for me
91. I had a kitten name Onyx. It was a solid black kitten, and it was really cute ! we had to give them away though, because we had 6 cats
92. we had 8 bunny rabbits at one point. I was a little tot back then.
93. We used to live at the beach.
94. ballet flats and flip-flops are what I wear every day. Hey they're comfty and cute!
95. I have a whole list of my favorite names... They are very unusual names. I'll give you a couple...
Girl names- Jade, Olive, Delta, Eden, claire, roselyn
Boy name- Sebastian. (I have a list but i can't remember anymore!)
96. I hate it when people talk in chat talk. like LOL or BRB. It's fine on computer, but not for talking!
97. my bedroom colors are yellow on the top- black stripe in the middle- teal on the bottom, with teal and yellow floral pillows and a black bedspread. I really like it! My sweet dad painted it for us while I went to the beach with my mom and friend.
98. I love stationary
99. what every happened to manners? A lost art...
100. Praise God i"m done with this!~
I tag whoever wants to do it...
aCc Abby C.