Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, May 18, 2009

Grandma's party!:)

So we had my grandmother's 80th birthday party yesterday. It was a lot of fun! We had about 22 people over (including us). It was a little cold and rainy, but we have a rather large screened in porch, which sufficed perfectely! We were planning on having a croquet game going on, but that didn't work out. Everyone wore colorful dresses, and looked cute!:)

My grandmother looked like a queen. She was wearing her straw hat with a black ribbon and her beautiful jewelry. On top of the hat she wore a tiara. How adorable!???

The food was delicous! Especially the caramel pound cake... My sister's good friend's mom is a cake decorater, and she made THE best cake I think I have ever eaten. It was delicious! There was also punch and strawberries. There was a lot more food, but I listed most of it in my last post.

Of course, my lovely embarassing aunt's decided they wanted to make me play my violin. How nice! ? O well.. It was fine but I wasn't too thrilled because I was just enjoying drinking me punch and caramel cake!:)

Ohh here's a funny story---after a while, I got a little bit tired of all the people in one room. so I decided I needed some quietness. (I think that's a word.??) Maybe it's silence. O anyways.. So I went downstairs where our dog lucy was was put (so she wouldn't bother the old ladies.) It was really nice and quiet there, so I started to talk to the dog. Yes, I do talk to dogs. Am I insane? No. I know they don't understand what I'm saying, but sometimes its nice to talk to the dog. Because they have no answer.:) SO i was just doing my own thing when I heard "ABBBYY?" (me) "what?" and I looked up stairs. There was no one there. So I went all the way down the steps, and saw Lauren curled up on a chair.

(me) "Did you hear me talking to the dog?"
(Lauren) "yea but it's okay. I came down here to talk to her too!

HA! I thought that was funny. And i'm glad I'm not the only one who talks to the dog.

It was a lot of fun. I'm sure my grandmother and her friends will be talking about this for years:!)



Happy Monday!

4 comments:

N said...

Heehee, that is funny! Hey, I talk to my cats.

And talking to an animal is better than talking to yourself...something I have a tendency to do at work. :P

Mimi Elise said...

haha i love talking to Dakota (my dog) its so nice!

Caroline said...

I talk to Lucy a lot.! its nice they can't talk back to you!!

Amanda A Gordon said...

Okay, but did the dog talk back? :)